Wednesday, January 23, 2008

American Idol


I'm going to be honest here - I love American Idol!  I love the first few weeks when they show all of the auditions and I love when the show gets down to the top 12.  I will also admit that I own many a CD from American Idol winners.  I thinks Randy, Paula, and even Simon know what they are talking about.  They have been in the music business for many years and while they might not be the best communicators, they know music.  

Here is the part that I may never understand.  So you have all sorts of people show up to audition for this once in a lifetime experience.  There are many people with pretty amazing voices, there are scores of people with average voices, then there are the people that you can't help but feel embarrassed for.  Here is my question, "WHERE ARE THEIR FRIENDS??"  Seriously, do these people not have friends and/or family in their life that can speak truth to them and tell them that they can't sing to save their soul?  I know that I have plenty of friends in my life that would never allow me to make a fool out of myself like many of these people do.  Now, I'm sure that some of these people are just there to get on TV and make a fool out of themselves, but I know there are many people that actually think they can sing.  I feel bad for them and I want to be their friend to save them from years of embarrassment and ridicule.   

No comments: