Friday, January 4, 2008

There is always a test

I always find it so ironic that as soon as I say there is something in my life that I'm going to try to do better at, I am almost immediately tested in that area. I should have known that this time around would be no different.

It's only January 4th and I have already been struggling with the control issue in my life. I resolved at the beginning of the year that I was going to give up control of the things I have no control over anyway, and let God do what he has planned for my life. It's so easy to think you know what is best for your life and not listen to any ones advice, especially God's. Everyday I have had to remind myself at least once (usually 30 or 40 times) that I need to give up control and trust God and his plan for my life.

So I knew there would be a test. Would I be faithful and relinquish control or would I revert back to my old ways and grab the bull by the horns? Would I have enough faith in the God of the Universe or would I try to convince myself that I know what is best? It's a struggle, I'm not going to lie but I know whats at stake and I know the rewards will be worth it. So here we are only 4 days into the new year and there are circumstances that are already testing me. I have found that in those moments when I want to take over I can stop myself and say "You are not in control...let it go!" It's my prayer this year that I can get to a place where I don't even have to think that anymore, it just happens!

1 comment:

amberWIRE said...

WELCOME TO THE BLOGOSPHERE!! I love you Red!