Tuesday, January 8, 2008

You Gotta Have Friends


I am the type of person that loves to be surrounded by people.  I love parties, I love being with my friends, I even love meeting new people.  I have had many experiences in my life and through those experiences I have met numerous people.  Even though I "know" many people there are very few people in my life that I would call my best friends.  Now, I know the term best friend makes me sound like I'm in 3rd grade, but they truly are the best friends I have.  They are there for me when things are great and we can laugh together and they are there when things seem to be falling apart around me with a shoulder to cry on.  

Jen has been one of my best friends for many years now.  She is an incredible woman and a wonderful friend.  We probably could not be more opposite in almost every single area of life! Jen likes talk radio, I like music.  Jen isn't the most organzied person, I'm borderline OCD.  I can always count on Jen to be around 10 minutes late and I'm always early.  Through our differences we have managed to maintain a friendship for close to 6 years.  I know that Jen is always going to shoot me straight and tell me what she is really thinking.  She doesn't sugar coat things and she tells me the hard things that I don't often want to hear.  She and I can laugh at ourselves for hours and we can be as silly as we want knowing that the other one isn't going to judge us.  I am extremely blessed to have Jen in my life and I can't imagine what life (and Children's Ministry) would be without her.  

1 comment:

amberWIRE said...

Yippee for friends! You and Jen are AWESOME!